[DiscNW] November News

William Bartram ed at discnw.org
Mon Nov 12 16:18:07 PST 2007

November News Items

1)      DiscNW Annual Meeting

2)      Winter Event Registration

3)      New Email Lists

4)      Seattle Teams Medal in Florida

DiscNW Annual Meeting Will Be Held on November 17th in Shoreline

We'd love to see you at the DiscNW Annual General Meeting on November 17th
at 7pm, at Shoreline Center. The meeting will start right after finals, so
join us for free pizza and beer, and chat with your DiscNW board on topics
such as tournaments and leagues, promoting the sport--especially to women,
youth ultimate, improving the web experience, or just stop by and let us
know what you think. We'll have a few awards, and door prizes, including the
much sought after "lost & found" grab bag. See you then!

Winter Event Registration

Registration is now open for
<http://www.discnw.org/ale/clubevent.html?clubEventId=170> Winter Team
League. We're still finishing field reservation details, but we plan to play
all games on turf on Saturdays again this year starting in early January.

                WL:
http://www.discnw.org/ale/clubevent.html?clubEventId=170

The popular December hat tournaments will return again this year. Sign up
now for  <http://www.discnw.org/ale/clubevent.html?clubEventId=169> Chick
Flick and  <http://www.discnw.org/ale/clubevent.html?clubEventId=168> Dangle
Wrangle which will be held on December 8th & 9th respectively.  Chick Flick
will be on turf fields at Perrigo Park in Redmond.  Dangle Wrangle will be
on grass at Marymoor.  Sign up now.

                CF:
http://www.discnw.org/ale/clubevent.html?clubEventId=169

                DW:
http://www.discnw.org/ale/clubevent.html?clubEventId=168

 <http://www.discnw.org/ale/clubevent.html?clubEventId=171> Turkey Bowl will
take place on Saturday, November 24th on the turf at Marymoor. Registration
is open. Priority registration will be given to folks who are willing to
volunteer or bring food.

                TB:
http://www.discnw.org/ale/clubevent.html?clubEventId=171

This winter there will be two sessions of the
<http://www.discnw.org/ale/clubevent.html?clubEventId=172> Tacoma Indoor Hat
League.  The first session starts on November 13th.  Registration is now
open.

                TIH:
http://www.discnw.org/ale/clubevent.html?clubEventId=172

announcements.  In addition to this general news list we have created lists
for youth, leagues, tournaments, and fields-advocacy announcements.  You can
opt-in and opt-out of these lists at any time.  For more information please
visit the lists info page here.

General information about lists:     http://lists.discnw.org/

                DiscNW Announce:

                Youth Announce:

                Leagues Announce:

                Tournaments Announce:

Fields Advocacy Announce:

Three Seattle Teams Win Medals at the Club Championships in Florida

Congratulations go out to Shazam (mixed), Sockeye (open), and Riot who all
recently won medals.  Shazam and Sockeye took the gold and will represent
the US at the WFDF World Championships in Vancouver next summer.  For more
results about the Club Championships please visit the UPA page here
http://club2007.upa.org/results/.

Sorry if you got multiple copies of this email.  I copied current team
captains to help get the word out about the annual meeting.  Hope to see you
there!

Thanks,

William Bartram

Executive Director, DiscNW