[DiscNW] February Ultimate News

William Bartram william.bartram at discnw.org
Thu Feb 19 10:54:22 PST 2009

Hello DiscNW community,

Hope that your winter is going well and that you are getting enough vitamin
D on these short winter days.

In ultimate related news..

1)      Spring Adult Team League Notes

2)      Registration for Spring Events

3)      Seattle Parks Survey

4)      Winter Pickup

5)      Youth Volunteer Positions

6)      YCC Coaching Applications Coming Soon

Spring Adult Team League

Registration closes soon.  Registration for Spring League closes tomorrow -
Friday, February 20th.   Sign up now.

If you have already registered the payment deadline is Friday, February 20th

For more information please visit the Spring
<http://www.discnw.org/events/Spring.html>  Adult Team League webpage.

Registration for Spring Events

Spring Youth Events

Registration for youth leagues has closed.  Please contact Wynne Scherf
(wynne.scherf at discnw.org) if you missed the deadline or have questions.

Registration is still open for the following youth tournaments:

.  Washington Girls UPA
<http://www.discnw.org/events/2009/wastategirls.html>  High School State
Championship

.  Washington Open UPA High <http://www.discnw.org/events/wastateopen.html>
School State Championship

.  Spring Reign <http://www.discnw.org/events/SpringReign.html>

Spring Adult Events

.         Verns <http://www.discnw.org/events/Verns.html>  Hat League
registration will open in really soon.

.         Slog in the Bog <http://www.discnw.org/events/SlogInTheBog.html>
registration is closed, and there is a waitlist.

Seattle Parks Sports League Participants Survey

Please take a few minutes to complete this survey from Seattle Parks.

Message from Seattle Parks:

In order to uphold the high standards of league scheduling at ballfields and
gymnasiums, Seattle Parks and Recreation periodically surveys participants
to make sure we are still on the right track. Here is a survey
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=B8T9v3QIswZCPI2JjnKAug_3d_3d>  to be
completed with your valuable feedback. If you have a league website, we
encourage you to post this link (below)...the more responses the better!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=B8T9v3QIswZCPI2JjnKAug_3d_3d

Thank you for your help, and we look forward to seeing you and your teams in
2009!

Winter Pickup

DiscNW sponsored pickup continues in February..

Saturdays

*	Georgetown <http://www.discnw.org/ale/field.html?fieldAreaId=180>  -
brand new turf!
*	1pm - 5pm
*	Now through March 7

Wednesdays

*	Washington <http://www.discnw.org/ale/field.html?fieldAreaId=513>
Park
*	6:30-8:30pm
*	Now through February 25

Youth Volunteer Positions

We are currently seeking volunteers for several youth ultimate related jobs.

.         Elementary School League Coordinator

.        Middle School League Field Supervisor

.         Committee and Task Force Members

Folks interested in volunteering should contact Wynne Scherf
(wynne.scherf at discnw.org) for more information.

YCC Coaching Positions

Later this month we will post applications for coaching positions for the
DiscNW teams that will attend the UPA Youth Club Championships.  We'll post
more information on the DiscNW front page and on the bulletin board soon.

Thanks,

William Bartram

Executive Director, DiscNW