[DiscNW] September Ultimate News

William Bartram william.bartram at discnw.org
Fri Sep 14 16:47:43 PDT 2012

Hello Ultimate Community,

The fall seasons begin this weekend!  In other news....

   1. Help Shape the Future of DiscNW
   2. August Person of the Month
   3. Registration for Fall Hat Tournaments
   4. Middle School Coaching Opportunities

*1. Help Shape the Future of DiscNW* - http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/F8M99XL

In an effort to better serve the ultimate community here in the Pacific
Northwest, DiscNW has prepared a short survey to assist in shaping the
future of the organization. Everyone with an interaction or interest in
DiscNW is encouraged to take the survey, if you want to go the extra mile
for us, help out by passing this link along!
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/F8M99XL

*2. August Person of the Month* -
http://www.discnw.org/community/PotM-Aug2012.html

Because we don't get the chance often enough to fully thank and celebrate
everyone in the ultimate community, we are glad to announce a new feature,
the DiscNW Person of the Month. Inspired by the fun Player of the Month
profiles of Portland Ultimate, we will showcase a person (player, coach,
parent, fan, volunteer, etc.) each month on the webpage.

For our August feature, we recognize Person of the Month *Frank
Nam*<http://www.discnw.org/community/PotM-Aug2012.html>!

*

3. Registration for Fall Hat Tournaments *

Registration is now open for our popular fall/early winter hat
tournaments....

*Turkey Bowl* - http://www.discnw.org/events/TurkeyBowl.html - November 24,
Magnuson Park
This coed tournament hosted by DiscNW is a Thanksgiving tradition that
gives Ultimate players the opportunity to run off some of those second and
third helpings of stuffing while giving something to charity. Donations go
to NW Harvest, an organization focused on helping disadvantaged families
with a basic necessity: food.

*Chick Flick* - http://www.discnw.org/events/ChickFlick.html - December 8,
Magnuson Park
Renowned for Spirit of the Game, the Chick Flick is for women of all
ability levels.  It is a chance to play with women of all different skill
levels, to improve your skills in a tournament setting, and to get to know
more of the women in our Northwest Ultimate community.

*Dangle Wrangle* - http://www.discnw.org/events/DangleWrangle.html -
December 9, Magnuson Park
This is DiscNW's signature men only tournament that features a mandatory
spike rule.

*4. Middle School Coaching Opportunities*

Several middle school teams have coaching openings.  Coaches would need to
be available for games on Saturdays and for 1-2 weekly practices after
school (around 3pm).  Anyone interested in coaching should contact Wynne
Scherf (wynne.scherf at discnw.org) for details.

Thanks,
William Bartram
Executive Director, DiscNW