[DiscNW] February Ultimate News

William Bartram william.bartram at discnw.org
Mon Feb 25 17:50:43 PST 2013

Hello Ultimate Community,

Happy New Year!  2012 was a great year for ultimate, we hope that next year
is, too.

   1. Winter Pickup Is Almost Over
   2. Spring Adult Leagues Registration
   3. Spring Reign 2013
   4. Slog in the Bog
   5. Potlatch
   6. Observer Clinic

*1. Winter Pickup Is Almost Over
*
The is only one more day of winter pickup left on the calendar:

   - Wednesday, February 27 on Magnuson 7 from 6:45-9:45pm

We hope that you enjoyed having the chance to play this winter.  If you
have any questions or comments about DiscNW pickup games, please contact us
at pickup at discnw.org.

*2. Spring Adult Leagues Registration
*
Registration for Spring Team League closes on Thursday, February 28th.
That's just a few days away.  If you want to play this spring, make sure to
register and submit payment before the deadline.  Most games this spring
will be played on synthetic fields with ultimate lines in Seattle!
http://www.discnw.org/events/Spring.html

Registration is also open for Verns Hat League.  Verns is a teaching league
for beginner and intermediate level players.  Games will be on Friday
evenings in Seattle.  All players will get a team jersey (we are getting
cool tech jerseys from Five Ultimate again this year) and ten weeks of
games starting in early April.
http://www.discnw.org/events/Verns.html

*3. Spring Reign 2013*
DiscNW is proud to announce that the largest coed ultimate tournament in
the world is now accepting bids.  The event will take place on April 27-28
in Burlington, WA.  There will be divisions for middle & high school teams
(2 days of play) as well as for elementary school teams (Saturday only).
For more information and to submit a bid, go to:
http://www.discnw.org/events/SpringReign.html

*4. Slog in the Bog
*Known for its fabulous spread of food and drink as well as uncertain
weather (Snow? Rain? Sleet? Sun?) the tournament is a chance for you team
to shake off the cobwebs and get ready for Spring League.  A few spots may
still be available.  To learn more, visit:
http://www.discnw.org/events/SlogInTheBog.html

*5. Potlatch
*
The dates are set for this summer, and it will be a three day tournament
again: July 5-7, 2013.  For more information follow the tournament on
Twitter (https://twitter.com/Potlatch2013), or check out the tournament web
page:
http://potlatch.discnw.org/

*6. Observer Clinic*
Ever wanted to wear an orange shirt and have the best seat in the house at
elite ultimate games?  Know a foul or travel when you see one?  You might
be observer material.  DiscNW will work with USA Ultimate to host a clinic
on April 13-14.

We are still working on the final details, but we will post more
information at discnw.org when available.  To learn more about observing,
read this:
http://www.usaultimate.org/resources/officiating/observers/default.aspx

Thanks,