[Youth-announce] Parks Levy & Youth Summit

Wynne Scherf wynne.scherf at discnw.org
Tue Oct 7 10:36:02 PDT 2008

Two important items this week:
1. Seattle Parks Levy--House Party Invitation
2. DiscNW Youth Summit

*1. Seattle Proposition 2—the Seattle Parks and Green Spaces Levy--will be
up for vote on November 4.*  The levy will provide funding for several
Ultimate field rennovations and a number of other improvements that will
likely affect your community (for more details, visit www.discnw.org and
http://keep.seattleparksforall.org).  If the levy fails, we will lose a
major source of funding for parks improvements, since the current levy
expires this year.

DiscNW is hosting two house parties to raise funds for the Seattle Parks for
All campaign.  We encourage you to attend (and spread the word about) the
following 2 events:

Saturday, October 11, 7:00 pm
Hosted by Erica Johnson and Wayne Ohlrich
2218 3rd Ave W, Seattle, WA (Queen Anne)
Email johnsonericaj at yahoo.com to be added to the guest list.

Saturday, October 18, 7:00 pm
Hosted by Andy Fuller
1909 25th Avenue East, Seattle, WA
Email advocacyinfo at discnw.org to be added to the guest list.

Donations made directly to the campaign by Ultimate community members will
be matched by DiscNW, up to $5,000.  To make sure that your donation gets
counted, write "DiscNW" in the memo line of your check.  If you can't attend
the parties, don't worry--your donation can still count!  Visit the donation
section <https://www.upwardstech.net/seattleparks/> of the Seattle Parks for
All website to donate online, and email advocacyinfo at discnw.org to tell us
how much you donated!

*2.* *DiscNW Youth Summit--*Since the last time that I wrote to you about
the Youth Summit, we have nailed down some final details (including agenda
and format), which are now posted on the event
page.<http://www.discnw.org/youth/summit/>
Just a reminder, the Summit is on Sunday, October 26, from 1:00 to 5:30, at
the Brig at Magnuson Park.  This is a momentous occasion...register now to
make sure that your voice on the future of youth Ultimate is heard!

I hope to see you at one of these important events!

--
Wynne Scherf
DiscNW