[Youth-announce] DiscNW: Youth Ultimate News

Kate Speck kate.speck at discnw.org
Fri Jan 23 15:00:30 PST 2015

Hello Youth Ultimate enthusiasts!

Happy New Year! DiscNW is kicking off the New Year strong with some
exciting new offerings.

Announce Items Included:

   1. HS Girls’ Hat League Registration still open
   2. Mini MoHo
   3. Spring Leagues Now Open & Revised Eligibility Rules
   4. YCC Tryouts
   5. Spring Reign 2015
   6. Seattle Youth Ultimate Camps
   7. Looking for a Coach?

*1. High School Girls’ Winter Hat League*

This new winter youth club event is open to girls in grades 8-12. This hat
league takes place every Sunday through March 8th from 9am-12pm atMontlake
playfield <https://www.discnw.org/fieldareas/332/>. The league is coached
by some of Seattle’s greatest coaches with additional special guest coaches
from world championship team Riot each week! Every session includes
specific skill development drills and games. There is also an additional
focus on strength, conditioning and movement with Ren Caldwell of
RenFitness. This event has a rolling registration:
https://www.discnw.org/events/wintergirlshat/.

*2. Mini Moho*

At long last we are proud to announce the return of Mini MoHo! Mini MoHo is
an ultimate frisbee clinic consisting of three practices for middle school
players that is 100% FREE! We welcome players of all skill levels as long
as they are in grades 6-8. Mini MoHo is a fun way to learn new ultimate
skills and prepare for the spring season, as well as an excellent way to
get to know the rest of the ultimate community.  The three sessions will be
from 12:00-3:00pm on January 31st, February 7th and February 14th at
the Delridge
North field in West Seattle <https://www.discnw.org/fieldareas/127/>.
Players are encouraged to register and sign waivers online beforehand:
https://www.discnw.org/events/minimoho/.

*3. Spring Leagues Now Open & Revised Eligibility Rules*

All of our youth spring league registrations are now open: Elementary
School Coed Spring League <https://www.discnw.org/events/SpringElementary/>
, Middle School Spring League
<https://www.discnw.org/events/SpringMS/> and High
School Coed Spring League <https://www.discnw.org/events/SpringHSCoed/>.
All of these leagues are open to public and private schools. Games take
place on Saturdays, beginning March 14th and running through May 16th.
Registration deadlines vary for each of the leagues, all conclude in the
first or second week of February, so please register sooner rather than
later! Team league fees apply. If your team is interested in applying
for financial
aid, <https://www.discnw.org/events/TeamAid/> please do so by *Thursday,
March 12th*.

If your team is interested in applying for consortium with another school,
or if you have a child who’s school doesn’t have a team, please check out
our recently revised Eligibility Rules
<https://www.discnw.org/youth/eligibility.html>. Applications for
Eligibility Review <https://www.discnw.org/events/EligibilityApplication/> are
due by February 13th!

*4. YCC Team Tryouts Early This Year!*

DiscNW will once again be sending teams to Blaine, MN in August for the
Youth Club Championships. We will be sending at least 5 teams across the
U19 and U16 divisions. Tryouts will be happening much earlier this year!
The purpose for this is to allow more time to fundraise for the teams.
Tryouts will be taking place in mid-late February. Registration is now
open! The tryout fee is $65. If you are interested in applying for financial
aid <https://www.discnw.org/events/IndividualAid/>, please do so before
your first tryout date. Please visit the event page website for more
information or to register: http://www.discnw.org/events/YCCTryouts/.

*5. Spring Reign 2015*

Mark your calendars for April 25-26, 2015! Spring Reign will return to
Burlington, WA and feature a High School, Middle School, and Elementary
divisions. We are excited to partner with local apparel maker,
FiveUltimate, again. Registration will open on Monday, January 26th.  Check
out the webpage for more information:
https://www.discnw.org/events/SpringReign/

*6. Seattle Youth Ultimate Camps*

Registration for this summer’s Seattle Youth Ultimate Camps is scheduled to
open on February 1st. Camps are available for ages 8-18. We will be hosting
three sessions: June 15-19, June 22-26 and August 17-21. Each session is
$275. For more information, please visit our camps website:
https://www.discnw.org/events/SeattleUltimateCamps/.

*7. Looking for a Coach?*

Is your school looking for a coach for this spring? Let us know! DiscNW is
happy to post any coaching positions to our Youth Coaching Corps webpage
under External Coaching Positions
<https://www.discnw.org/events/CoachingCorps/>. Please email
youth.director at discnw.org.

Cheers,