[Youth-announce] DiscNW: March Youth Announcements

Kate Speck accounts.manager at discnw.org
Thu Feb 26 10:13:57 PST 2015

Hello Youth Ultimate enthusiasts!

It’s almost time to kickoff the spring season! In this e-mail you will find
information about upcoming clinics, leagues, camps and registration
deadlines.

Announce Items

   1. Free Girls’ Learn to Play Clinic this Sunday
   2. Spring Reign Registration is Still Open
   3. Boys’ Club League Registration Now Open
   4. Fall Bid 2015 Save the Date
   5. High School Girls’ Winter Hat League Potluck
   6. Summer Camp Registrations Open

*1. GUM Clinic this Sunday!* - Seattle Underground (women's club team) and
DiscNW Uprising (U16 YCC girls' team) are collaborating to host a *FREE*
Learn to Play Girls' Ultimate Movement (GUM) clinic this Sunday, March 1st!
No experience necessary - come learn and have fun with us! For questions
please contact Heather Ann Brauer at mailto:heatherann.brauer at gmail.com
<heatherann.brauer at gmail.com>. Like GUM on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/gumultimate>!

*What:* GUM Learn to Play Ultimate Frisbee Clinic
*Who:* Girls ages 7 - 13
*When:* Sunday, March 1st, 1-4PM
*Where:* Franklin High School (3013 S. Mount Baker Blvd, Seattle, WA)

*2. Spring Reign Signups Open* - Spring Reign returns to Burlington, WA
on April 25th/26th. Each year 90 teams (HS, MS, and ES) congregate for the
world's largest youth tournament. The bid window is open until March
11th (this is also the last day to apply for financial aid
<http://www.discnw.org/events/TeamAid/>). We hope you'll join us!

*3. Boys’ Club League Registration Open *- Spring has sprung and it brings
with it the boys club spring league, grades 9-12. This year you can sign up
as an individual, small pod, or a full boys team (full teams must supply
their own coach). This year has also removed the ringer rule so we
encourage all players to come join us. Signups close mid-march.

*4. Fall Bid 2015* – Save the date for our 5th annual Fall Bid auction and
dinner to benefit our Youth Development Fund. We will be returning to the
Swedish Cultural Center on *Saturday, November 14th, 2015*. DiscNW’s Youth
Development Fund <https://www.discnw.org/about/youthDevelopmentFund.html>
<https://www.discnw.org/about/youthDevelopmentFund.html>(YDF) finances
youth activities and initiatives designed to promote the sport of Ultimate
and support the participation of underserved populations in the sport.
Examples include free or inexpensive youth Ultimate camps, financial aid
for DiscNW youth events, grants for new youth groups, disc donations, and
more.

*5. **High School Girls’ Winter Hat League*
<https://www.discnw.org/events/wintergirlshat/>* End-Of-Season Potluck!* –
Join us to celebrate the end of our first successful high school girls’ hat
league on Sunday, March 8th at Montlake Park
<https://www.discnw.org/fieldareas/332/>. The girls will showcase their
skills in a 5v5 tournament from 10:00-11:30am and from 11:30-12:00pm there
will be food and socializing.

*6. Summer Camp Registrations Now Open* – Sign up for one of our three
summer camps!

   - Seattle Youth Ultimate Camps
   <https://www.discnw.org/events/SeattleUltimateCamps/> (ages 8-18) will
   be returning again this summer for three week-long sessions.
   - Eastside Youth Ultimate Camps
   <https://www.discnw.org/events/EastsideCamp/> (ages 8-14) – This is the
   inaugural year for our Eastside Youth Summer Ultimate Camp. The camp will
   be held at Robinswood Park in Bellevue on August 3-7, 2015.
   - VC Ultimate Leadership Training Camp
   <https://www.discnw.org/events/VCULTCamp/> (ages 14-18) – We are happy
   to announce our first overnight camp (with day options too)! This camp will
   take place at UW and be focused on player driven leadership both on and off
   the field with some of the greatest players and coaches in the country.
   There are two week-long sessions being offered in July.

Don’t forget! Youth spring league rosters and team paperwork are all
due by *Sunday,
March 8th*!

Cheers,

Kate Speck