[DiscNW] March Ultimate News

Betsy Brown betsy.brown at discnw.org
Thu Mar 10 14:03:56 PST 2011

Hello DiscNW Community,

We've got five pieces of news for you:

1. Slog in the Bog - Registrations can still be taken
2. Olympia Spring League
3. Youth Development Fund Events
4. Rainout Hotline/Twitter
5. Youth Coaching Positions

1. SLOG IN THE BOG

***Registrations are still being accepted!***

Date: Saturday, March 12

Location: Burlington, WA

Known for its fabulous spread of food and drink as well as uncertain weather
(Snow? Rain? Sleet? Sun?) the tournament is a chance for your team to shake
off the cobwebs and get ready for spring league.

For more information, visit http://www.discnw.org/events/SlogInTheBog.html

2. OLYMPIA SPRING LEAGUE

***Registration is now open***

This is a co-ed league facilitated by South Sound Ultimate Players for
players of all skill levels from beginner to veteran. Registration for the
league is done as an individual and once registration is complete everyone
will be placed on one of six teams. All the teams play at the same time,
which makes car-pooling convenient.

Registration is open for Olympia's 2011 Ultimate Frisbee Spring League. All
the games will be taking place at LBA Park on Sundays at 5:30 p.m. from
April 17 through June 12.

To register and for more information, visit
http://www.happen.net/ultimate/index.html

3. YOUTH DEVELOPMENT FUND EVENTS

We've got two exciting events planned to benefit our Youth Development
Fund.  Save the dates for:

--First Annual Fun"D" Run: Saturday, June 11

--First Annual Auction Dinner: Saturday, October 8

More information about these events will be posted at www.discnw.org very
soon.  For more information about the YDF, visit
http://www.discnw.org/about/youthDevelopmentFund.html

We'd love to have your help with either event if you are interested, but
especially the Auction Dinner.  We'll need lots of help procuring items to
be auctioned off.  If you've got anything you'd like to donate, know someone
who does, or you just love making auction dinners happen, please contact
Betsy Brown, Operations Manager at betsy.brown at discnw.org

4. RAINOUT HOTLINE/TWITTER

As always if you want to know if your game is rained out, just call the
hotline at *206-781-5840* and listen.  We will also use the @discnw Twitter
account for field updates, but if there is a conflict between what the
hotline says and twitter, the HOTLINE should be your guide.

5. YOUTH COACHING POSITIONS

There are currently six youth teams looking for coaches:

--Eastside Preparatory School, Kirkland (contact Adam Waltzer at
awaltzer at eastsideprep.org)
--Lake Washington Girls School (contact Colleen West at colleenw at lwgms.org)
--Laurelhurst Elementary (contact Tiffany Jay at tiffanybjay at gmail.com)
--Madrona Middle School, Edmonds (contact Alan Li at a.s.li at hotmail.com)
--Seattle Girls School, Central District (contact April Lorenzo at
alorenzo at seattlegirlsschool.org)
--Vila Academy (contact Roger Crafts at rcrafts at thevilla.org)

If you are interested in helping to develop a new youth Ultimate program,
contact Wynne Scherf at youth.director at discnw.org

Please let me know if there is any more information you need!

--
Betsy Brown
Operations Manager, DiscNW