[DiscNW] May Ultimate News

William Bartram william.bartram at discnw.org
Thu May 31 15:46:03 PDT 2012

Hello DiscNW Community,

I apologize for this short and tardy news email.  A June message with more
content will be coming shortly.  In the meantime....

   1. Help Win a Grant from Liberty Mutual
   2. Come to the DiscNW Annual Meeting on Sunday
   3. DiscNW Person of the Month
   4. Congratulations, Element!

*1. Help Win a Grant from Liberty Mutual* -
http://www.responsiblesports.com/community_grants/default.aspx
With just 5 minutes of your time you can help DiscNW win $2500 that will go
towards our Youth Development Fund.  All you need to do to help us win one
of the grants is complete the quiz:
http://www.responsiblesports.com/community_grants/default.aspx.  Upon
completion of the quiz, credit DiscNW as your organization.  Today is the
last day!!

*2. Come to the DiscNW Annual Meeting on Sunday*
The DiscNW Annual Meeting will take place on Sunday, June 3 in the Brig in
conjunction with the Spring League Playoffs. Please plan to drop by to
enjoy some refreshments and interact with DiscNW board and staff.  Doors
will open at 4pm. We will have a brief agenda at about 6:20pm once folks
walk over following the final round of playoff games.  We are also looking
to collect feedback from players about our organization. Look for the
suggestion box and flip chart paper at the meeting, and let us know your
thoughts about ultimate in the region.

*3. DiscNW Person of the Month*
Apologies, but we have not been able to manage the presentation of a Person
of the Month for May.  We'll bring this feature back in June.

*4. Congratulations, Element!*
DiscNW wishes to congratulate Element, the University of Washington Women's
ultimate team, on their 1st place finish at the recent USA Ultimate College
Championships in Boulder, CO!

--
Thanks,
William Bartram