[DiscNW] April Ultimate News

William Bartram william.bartram at discnw.org
Fri Apr 20 13:55:51 PDT 2012

Hello DiscNW Community,

April showers bring May flowers.  In other news...

   1. Youth Development FunD Run
   2. DiscNW Person of the Month for April
   3. Potlatch Registration Window Closes on April 30
   4. Seattle Youth Ultimate Camps
   5. Summer Leagues Registration Is Open
   6. Volunteers Needed for Spring Reign
   7. Help Win a Grant from Liberty Mutual
   8. Spring Jam Youth Tournament

*1. Youth Development FunD Run - *
http://www.discnw.org/events/YDFunDRun.html*
*Come race in the second annual** DiscNW Youth Development FunD Run/Walk on
*Saturday, May 26, 2012,* *at Seward Park at 9:30am.*  Money raised at the
event supports DiscNW's Youth Development Fund.  Registration is now open.
The fee is $30 before Thursday, April 26 ($5 savings over last year's
fee!).  It's $35 between Friday, April 27 and noon on Friday, May 25.  And
you can pay $40 on the day of the race.  There will be prizes for winners
and also for fun, non-traditional prize categories for those who may be
more light-hearted than light-footed.*

2. DiscNW Person of the Month for March - *
http://www.discnw.org/community/personofthemonth.html
Many awesome people help to make the Seattle ultimate community something
special.  Because we don't get the chance often enough to fully thank and
celebrate everyone, we are glad to announce this new feature, the DiscNW
Person of the Month.  For our third feature, we recognize *Jeff Jorgenson!*

*3. Potlatch Registration Window Closes on April 30* -
http://potlatch.discnw.org/registration.php
Held every July in Redmond, Washington, Potlatch is one of the largest
co-ed ultimate tournaments in the world. Now in its 22nd year, the event
draws teams from across North America (and a few from even farther away)
with its potent blend of sun, fun, and ultimate. The tournament always
showcases ultimate's unique spirit and some of the sport's most amazing
athletes.  Teams must submit their bid materials by the end of the month in
order to be eligible for a spot in the tournament.

*4. Seattle Youth Ultimate Camps *-
http://www.discnw.org/events/SeattleUltimateCamps.html
DiscNW is proud to present the 9th year of the Seattle Youth Ultimate
Camps, serving young players from Seattle and beyond.  Once again, the camp
will be coached by veteran coaches from top Seattle high school and middle
school teams, and experienced college and elite club players from all over
the country.  Registration is now open for three sessions: June 18-22, June
25-29, and August 13-17.  All sessions will take place at Magnuson Park
from 9am-3pm and will have sessions for players aged 8-9, 10-11, 12-13, and
for high school students.

*5. Summer Leagues Registration Is Open* - http://www.discnw.org
There will be plenty of playing opportunities this summer.  DiscNW is
offering five different leagues: Coed Team, Corporate, Coed Hat, Mens Hat,
and Masters Hat.  Registration is now open for all leagues.

*6. Volunteers Needed for Spring Reign - *
http://www.discnw.org/events/SpringReignVolunteers.html*
*Spring Reign takes place on April 28-29 at the Skagit River
Park<http://www.discnw.org/ale/field.html?fieldAreaId=541&viewField=View+Field>in
Burlington, WA.  Boasting 98 elementary, middle, and high school
teams,
Spring Reign is the largest youth Ultimate tournament in the world! Come
enjoy the spectacle while helping DiscNW to support the next generation of
Ultimate players from the Northwest and beyond!  We especially need help on
Thursday and Friday before the tournament to help paint field lines at the
park in Burlington.
*
7. Help Win a Grant from Liberty Mutual* -
http://www.responsiblesports.com/community_grants/default.aspx
With just 5 minutes of your time you can help DiscNW win $2500 that will go
towards our Youth Development Fund.  All you need to do to help us win one
of the grants is complete the quiz:
http://www.responsiblesports.com/community_grants/default.aspx.  Upon
completion of the quiz, credit DiscNW as your organization.

8. *Spring Jam Youth Tournament* -
http://www.discnw.org/events/springjam.html
Spring Jam is a single-gender youth team tournament taking place at Fort
Steilacoom<http://www.discnw.org/ale/field.html?fieldAreaId=809&viewField=View+Field>
in
Lakewood, WA, on June 2.  This tournament is intended for novice or
intermediate  single-gender teams (middle school and high school), or coed
teams who want to try single-gender play for a day.  Registration is now
open.

Thanks,
William Bartram
Executive Director, DiscNW