[DiscNW] March Ultimate News

William Bartram william.bartram at discnw.org
Fri Mar 16 12:05:47 PDT 2012

Hello DiscNW Community,

Spring is here!  Please enjoy these news items.

   1. Registration for Seattle Youth Ultimate Camps Is Open
   2. DiscNW Person of the Month for March
   3. Annual Meeting Date is June 3
   4. DiscNW Hotline: 206-504-DISC
   5. Fedora Hat League
   6. Spring Reign Registration Closes Today

*1. Registration for Seattle Youth Ultimate Camps Is Open - *
http://www.discnw.org/events/SeattleUltimateCamps.html
DiscNW is proud to present the 9th year of Seattle Youth Ultimate Camps,
serving young players from Seattle and beyond.  The camp will be coached by
veteran coaches from top Seattle high school and middle school teams, and
experienced college and elite club players from all over the country.

There are three Seattle camp sessions scheduled this year: June 18-22, June
25-29, August 13-17.  All sessions are at Magnuson Park and run from
9am-3pm, Monday-Friday.

*2. DiscNW Person of the Month for March - *
http://www.discnw.org/community/personofthemonth.html
Many awesome people help to make the Seattle ultimate community something
special.  Because we don't get the chance often enough to fully thank and
celebrate everyone, we are glad to announce this new feature, the DiscNW
Person of the Month.  For our third feature, we recognize *Jerry Keister*!

*3. Annual Meeting
*Save the date.... the 2012 DiscNW Annual Meeting will take place on
Sunday, June 3rd at Magnuson Park.  More details will be posted soon.

*4. DiscNW Hotline: 206-504-DISC*
Please note that there is a new hotline number for DiscNW: 206-504-3472.
 We will update the hotline with game day information as necessary.  All
games will take place as scheduled if there is no specific message about
cancelations on the hotline.  Please note that this hotline is for outgoing
messages only, and we will not respond to voice mail.

*5. Fedora Hat League* - http://www.discnw.org/events/fedora.html
Fedora is a new coed hat league for experienced players.  All games will be
played on Friday evenings at the Delridge Playfields.  Registration is
still open for another week.

*6. Spring Reign Registration Closes Today* -
http://www.discnw.org/events/SpringReign.html
Spring Reign is the largest youth Ultimate tournament in the world, with
coed <http://www.discnw.org/events/SpringReign/Rules.html#gender> divisions
for elementary school, middle school, and high school teams. With teams
from Washington, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, California, British Columbia,
Manitoba, and beyond, this tournament will showcase some of the best
competition in the Northwest!

Registration for the tournament closes today!

--
Thanks,
William Bartram