[DiscNW] February Ultimate News

William Bartram william.bartram at discnw.org
Fri Feb 10 13:03:20 PST 2012

Hello DiscNW Community,

I hope that you are enjoying this almost spring-like weather!  Please enjoy
these news items.

   1. New Operations Manager: Rusty Brown
   2. Registration for Spring Events
   3. DiscNW Person of the Month
   4. Winter Pickup Continues
   5. Youth Coaching Positions Still Available
   6. Reminder: New Hotline Number

*New Operations Manager: Rusty Brown
*
DiscNW is proud to announce that Rusty Brown has accepted the position of
Operations Manager.  Rusty already has a long resume of playing,
organizing, and coaching ultimate in the Seattle area.  His experience and
expertise will help DiscNW continue to provide a wide array of playing and
learning opportunities to players of all levels.  Welcome, Rusty!

*Registration for Spring Events
*
Registration is open for just about every spring youth and adult event.
Visit the DiscNW website (www.discnw.org) to sign up for Spring Team
League, Spring Reign, Gnarly Gnines, the Elementary School League and more.

*DiscNW Person of the Month*

Because we don't get the chance often enough to fully thank and celebrate
everyone in the ultimate community, we are glad to announce a new feature,
the DiscNW Person of the Month.  For the month of February, the DiscNW PotM
is.... Shannon O'Malley (
http://www.discnw.org/community/personofthemonth.html).

*Winter Pickup Continues*

Weeknight pickup games will be on Wednesday evenings on Magnuson 7 from
6:45-9:45pm through the end of February.  Sunday games have a more
irregular schedule, but they are just as fun...
2/12 - Magnuson #6 - 1-4pm
2/19 - Genesee (lower) - 4:30-7:30pm
2/26 - Loyal Heights - 1:30-4:30pm

*Youth Coaching Positions Still Available*

Please support Seattle's growing youth ultimate scene by coaching a team
this spring.  Learn more about open positions here:
http://www.discnw.org/youth/coaches.html#Jobs.

*Reminder: New Hotline Number*

When the spring season starts, some league games will return to the grass
fields in Seattle.  In the unfortunate event of rainouts (let's hope we
don't have any snow-outs this spring), we will update the DiscNW hotline
with information.  Please note that we moved the hotline to a new number
last year: 206-504-3472.  Yes, that's 504-DISC.

--
Thanks,
William Bartram