DiscNW: Spring/Summer Announcements

Kate Speck kate.speck at discnw.org
Mon May 4 14:36:07 PDT 2015

Hello Ultimate Frisbee Enthusiasts!

We are gearing up for summer and have a few announcements about what is
coming up:

   - The Seattle Foundation's GiveBIG Campaign is tomorrow!
   - Swing It To Summer Party
   - Summer team and hat league registrations are open
   - Thank you Spring Reign volunteers

*Support DiscNW in the GiveBIG Campaign*

As you may know, tomorrow, May 5th, is the Seattle Foundation’s GiveBIG
Campaign
<http://www.seattlefoundation.org/GivingCenter/GiveBIG/Pages/Default.aspx>!
The Seattle Foundation’s GiveBIG is a one-day online charitable giving
event to inspire people to give generously to nonprofit organizations that
make our region healthier and a more vital place to live. We hope that you
will consider donating to DiscNW to help benefit our Youth Development Fund
<https://www.discnw.org/about/youthDevelopmentFund.html>, which finances
youth activities and initiatives designed to promote the sport of Ultimate
and support the participation of underserved populations in the sport.
Examples include free or inexpensive youth Ultimate camps, financial aid
for DiscNW youth events, grants for new youth groups, disc donations and
more.

*How to Give to DiscNW:*

Tomorrow, May 5th, go to DiscNW’s profile
<http://www.seattlefoundation.org/npos/Pages/DiscNW.aspx?bv=nposearch> on
The Seattle Foundation’s GiveBIG website and click Donate Now button,
select Make a Credit Card Donation, and fill out the required form. You can
find more detailed instructions here
<http://www.seattlefoundation.org/givingcenter/Documents/TSF_online_donations.pdf>.
Each online donation made to the 1,600 nonprofit organizations profiled on
The Seattle Foundation’s website on May 5th will received a prorated
portion of the matching funds pool.

Check out other ways to support DiscNW here
<https://www.discnw.org/SupportDiscNW.html/>!

*Swing It To Summer Party*

Join us for a night of dancing and games after Spring League playoffs at
8pm on Saturday, May 30th at the Magnuson Brig! There will be beer, snacks,
a raffle, balloon pops and some other disc games. There will be a ticket
price that is TBD but all proceeds will go to support the Youth Development
Fund <https://www.discnw.org/about/youthDevelopmentFund.html>. Get as many
of your teammates to come to the party and win a prize!

*Summer Adult League Registrations Now Open*

Registration is now open for summer adult leagues. The summer season starts
in June, and games take place on weekday evenings.

*Masters' Hat <https://www.discnw.org/events/SummerMastersHat/>* - For men
and women players over 30, this league continues to be a favorite among
“veteran” and “newbies” alike. Mellow play and gender-friendly. Registration
is now open <https://www.discnw.org/events/SummerMastersHat/register>.

*Mens' Hat <https://www.discnw.org/events/SummerMensHat/>* - Geared towards
intermediate & advanced players as well as college players home for the
summer. Registration is open
<https://www.discnw.org/events/SummerMensHat/register>.

*Summer Team <https://www.discnw.org/events/SummerTeam/>* - For new or
established coed teams and has something for various skill levels. Teams
are placed into skill/experience based divisions to ensure close
competition. Registration is now open
<https://www.discnw.org/events/SummerTeam/register>.

*Corporate League <https://www.discnw.org/events/SummerCorporate/>* - The
corporate league is for teams comprised of employees from a company who
want to play other companies. Some companies sponsor their teams' league
fees. The league has a wide range of skill levels but is primarily for
beginners who want to have fun with their work colleagues. Registration is
now open <https://www.discnw.org/events/SummerCorporate/register>.

*Coed Hat <https://www.discnw.org/events/SummerHat/>* - Participants in the
summer hat league represent a wide range of skills and age groups. Many
players who start in Verns league or the High School leagues continue to
hone their skills in the summer hat league. The league is geared towards
beginner and intermediate-level players, and is a great way to meet new
people. Registration is now opens
<https://www.discnw.org/events/SummerHat/register>.

*Thank you Spring Reign Volunteers!*

This year we had a record of 77 volunteers help with Spring Reign
<https://www.discnw.org/events/SpringReign/>! This was a huge help to
DiscNW staff and the Spring Reign tournament directors. We feel so lucky to
have such a vibrant Ultimate community in the Northwest and have so many
people willing to spend their time helping and supporting that community!
Thank you volunteers, we couldn’t have done it without you!!

We hope that you are enjoying the beautiful weather!

Cheers,

Kate Speck
Accounts Manager, DiscNW