[Youth-announce] Seattle Ultimate Coaching Series, Open Coach Positions, and Fall Youth Events

Wynne Scherf wynne.scherf at discnw.org
Thu Sep 10 15:49:13 PDT 2009

Hi, Youth Ultimate Enthusiasts,

I've got three pieces of fall Ultimate news for you.

First, the new Seattle Ultimate Coaching Series begins this Sunday.  It is a
program designed to teach the skills necessary to coach beginning and
intermediate Ultimate.  It consists of five 3-hour classes from this weekend
until late October.  Students may attend the entire series or select certain
classes that (s)he would like to attend, so don't worry if you can't make
this Sunday's session.  Students will also have one-on-one mentor who is an
experience Ultimate coach.  For more information and to register, visit
http://www.discnw.org/events/SeattleUltimateCoachingSeries.html

Second, there are several paid and volunteer Ultimate coaching positions
open this fall:

A) Jane Addams K-8 Head Coach, Fall Seattle Public Middle School League
(visit this link for more info:
http://www.discnw.org/youth/coaches.html#Jobs)

B) Whitman Middle School 6th grade team Head Coach, Fall Seattle Public
Middle School League (visit this link for more info:
http://www.discnw.org/youth/coaches.html#Jobs)

C) Head Coach, Assistant Coach, and Parent Managers for the Seattle Parks
and Recreation Ultimate Frisbee League (click on this link for more info:
http://www.discnw.org/ale/clubevent.html?clubEventId=340)

D) Orca K-8 Head Coach, Fall Seattle Public Middle School League (visit this
link for more info: http://www.discnw.org/youth/coaches.html#Jobs)

Last but not least, check out the following fall youth playing
opportunities, and please pass along to coaches and the youth players in
your life:

A) Seattle Parks and Recreation Fall Ultimate Frisbee League.  Co-ed, ages
8-13.   Fridays, late September through early November.  Link for more info:
http://www.discnw.org/ale/clubevent.html?clubEventId=356

B) DiscNW Youth Club Draft Hat League.  Single-gender, grades
8-12.  Registration closes Saturday, September 12.  Link for more info:
http://www.discnw.org/events/YouthClubHatLeague.html

C) MoHo. Co-ed, grades 8-12.  MoHo is a series of free practices, led by
experienced Ultimate players in the Seattle area. ALL experience levels
welcome!  Link for more info: http://www.discnw.org/events/MoHo.html

D) Fall Seattle Public Middle School League.  If your child is a student at
a Seattle Public Middle School, (s)he is eligible to participate in this
league.  Link for more info: http://www.discnw.org/events/FallMS.html

E) Fall Drizzle.  Co-ed, school-based teams. Sponsored by Western Washington
University's women's team, Chaos.  Here is a message from Chaos captain
Alyssa Weatherford: "I am very excited to let everyone know that WWU will be
hosting Fall Drizzle once again this year. We are looking at Sunday October
25th for middle school, location to be determined. We will try to find
fields in the Seattle area, but we may be in Burlington again for the 3rd
Fall Drizzle. A very exciting addition this year is the inclusion of a one
day high school tournament on Saturday, October 24th. I know there is no
high school league in the fall, but we thought it would be a fun way to try
out new players and hang out with your teammates from last season. We are
not going to allow club teams, but we would let a school pick up a few
players in needed (if you have any questions or special circumstances please
let me know and maybe we can work something out).
I am not sure the cost or how many games because those details depend on how
many teams sign up. If you are interested please email me at
a.weatherford at gmail.com and I will keep you posted on all updates and will
be able to answer any questions."

--
Wynne Scherf
DiscNW

The Seattle Ultimate Coaching Series is a 5-part series of 3-hour classes
designed to teach the skills necessary to coach beginning to intermediate
Ultimate.  Sign up for the whole series or just for a session here and
there: http://www.discnw.org/events/SeattleUltimateCoachingSeries.html