[Youth-announce] Fall Youth Ultimate Announcements

Wynne Scherf wynne.scherf at discnw.org
Tue Oct 13 11:45:12 PDT 2009

Two updates since I sent this message yesterday afternoon:

1. Cold Turkey Tournament Date Change
2. Riot Practice Open to Spectators

COLD TURKEY TOURNAMENT DATE CHANGE

Here is a message from tournament coordinator and UPA Oregon State Youth
Coordinator Andrew Buermeyer: "[Due to field availability,] Cold Turkey in
Corvallis will likely be Nov. 7/8, not either of the previously suggested
dates.  Some other details: cost will be $15 per player for a two-day event
(we’ll drop to $10 for a one-day). Fields will be. . .on the OSU campus;
amenities include field food (fruit, bagels, spread, water, sports drink)
with dining hall access across the street and trainers on site. I’ll have
the website up this week with maps, etc. For teams needing to stay
overnight, let me know if you’re in need of help with lodging. We will have
available some limited crash space with local players’ families.

"As an out-of-season tourney, the goal for Cold Turkey is for everyone to
have some good games, get know other youth players from around the state and
beyond (Hi WA!) and in general have good-spirited fun. I’m thinking of going
with a 5:2 gender ratio to make it easier for teams that may not be
practicing regularly in the fall to make it.

"Let me know if you’re still interested and if you have any additional
questions. In particular, I’m trying to determine the level of interest for
the middle school division. This would be a one-day event, so scheduling Sat
vs. Sun is still open."

Andrew's email address is polywags at comcast.net

RIOT PRACTICE OPEN TO SPECTATORS

Riot is a women's elite club Ultimate team from Seattle.  Here is a message
from the captains of Riot: "We will be heading to Sarasota, FL, in 2 weeks
to compete in the [North America] Club Ultimate Championships (Oct 29 - Nov
1). On Saturday, October 24th, Riot will be holding an open practice where
all of our local fans can come watch us practice and scrimmage.   The
practice is from 9am - 12pm at Hamlin Fields (in Shoreline at 25th Ave NE
and NE 160th St), and we'll be scrimmaging for the last hour. Please come,
and send us off to Florida!"  Click on the following link for directions to
Hamlin field 6:
http://www.discnw.org/ale/field.html?fieldAreaId=9&viewField=View+Field  To
learn more about Riot, visit www.seattleriot.org.