[Youth-announce] Spring Youth Ultimate Events + Other New Year News

Wynne Scherf wynne.scherf at discnw.org
Tue Jan 5 10:42:24 PST 2010

Hello, Ultimate Coaches, Players, Parents, and Organizers,

Happy New Year!

Three bits of news for you today:
1. Spring League and Spring Reign Registration
2. UPA Coaching Clinics--Seattle and Portland
3. Winter MoHo and Mini MoHo

1. SPRING LEAGUE AND SPRING REIGN REGISTRATION

****Registration is now open for all youth spring leagues.****

-Coed Elementary School League
http://www.discnw.org/events/SpringElementary.html

-Coed Middle School League
http://www.discnw.org/events/SpringMS.html

-Girls' Middle School League
http://www.discnw.org/ale/clubevent.html?clubEventId=375

-Coed High School League
http://www.discnw.org/events/SpringHSCoed.html

-Single Gender High School League
http://www.discnw.org/events/SpringHSSingleGender.html

****Registration is also open for the Spring Reign tournament on April
24-25.****
http://www.discnw.org/events/SpringReign.html

2. UPA COACHING CLINICS--SEATTLE AND PORTLAND

Seattle's UPA Level I Coaching Ethics and Performance workshop will take
place on Sunday, February 28 and will be taught by our very own Miranda
Roth.  Here is the link to register for the workshop:
http://www.upa.org/coaches/clinics#177  The registration deadline is
*February 17.*

February 28 doesn't work for you? Portland will have its workshop on Sunday,
January 24, also taught by Miranda.  Here is the link to register:
http://www.upa.org/coaches/clinics#178  The registration deadline is
*January 20.*

Portland will also be holding a UPA Level II Advanced Coaching Tactics
workshop on March 27 (http://www.upa.org/coaches/clinics#173).

****Please note that in 2010, UPA Level I Coaching Certification is required
both for A) sideline access at UPA championship events with restricted field
access, and B) applying to coach Seattle's 2010 UPA Youth Club Championship
teams.****

3. WINTER MOHO AND MINI MOHO

MoHo and Mini MoHo are a series of free practices (including drills and
scrimmage) for youth players, led by some of the best Ultimate coaches
around. MoHo and Mini MoHo will occur on Saturdays in January and February
at Miller Playfield.  Here are the links to register:
Mini MoHo (middle school aged players): 9:00 am to 11:00 am
http://www.discnw.org/events/minimoho.html

MoHo (high school aged players): 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
http://www.discnw.org/events/MoHo.html

--
Wynne Scherf
DiscNW

Need Discs?  Contact me to purchase DiscNW logo discs at $6 each for youth.

Winter MoHo and Mini MoHo registrations are open at www.discnw.org!