[Youth-announce] July Youth Ultimate Newsletter

Betsy Brown betsy.brown at discnw.org
Fri Jul 8 16:49:22 PDT 2011

Hello Youth Enthusiasts!

We've got 6 pieces of news for you in this newsletter!

1. Washington Games
2. Seattle Youth Ultimate Camps
3. Mini MoHo/MoHo
4. USAU - 2011 Washington HS State Awards
5. Auction - Youth Development Fund
6. NexGen Youth Workshop

1. WASHINGTON GAMES

--What: Saturday will be a day of coed ultimate games, and Sunday will be a
day of single-gender ultimate games (as registrations permit). Throwing
trials - both distance and accuracy - will take place between rounds on
Saturday, with the championships on Sunday. We will also be holding "grand
championships" of several spirit games popular in the ultimate frisbee
community  - such as, Streetfighter, Disc Jousting, Ninja and Biggest Fan.
Don't know these games? Don't worry! They're easy to learn and LOTS of fun!

Cost is $40/participant and scholarships are available (
http://www.discnw.org/youth/playerscholarships.html)

--When: July 16-17
--Who: Youth enrolled in grades 5-9 during the 2010-11 school year

For more information and to register, visit:
http://www.discnw.org/events/WAGames.html

2. SEATTLE YOUTH ULTIMATE CAMPS

DiscNW is proud to present the 8th year of Seattle Youth Ultimate Camps,
serving young players from Seattle and beyond. The camp will be coached by
veteran coaches from top Seattle high school and middle school teams, and
experienced college and elite club players from all over the country. There
are sessions for players ages 8-9, 10-11, 12-13, and high school.

August 15-19 at Magnuson Park 9AM-3PM

If you have questions, email our Camp Directors at: seattle.ultimate
.camps at discnw.org

3. MINI MOHO/MOHO

MoHo and Mini MoHo are a series of *FREE* practices for high school and
middle school students respectively. They include drills and scrimmages, led
by experienced adult Ultimate players and coaches from the Seattle area. We
welcome players of all skill and experience levels. To learn more about the
history, philosophy and coaches of MoHo visit the* **MoHo pages** at:
http://www.discnw.org/youth/moho/index.html

*Participants are encouraged to pre-register, however players may register
at any time throughout the season and may attend as few or as many sessions
as they would like.

 Mini MoHo dates:

--Sunday, July 24 1-3pm Magnuson 6
--Sunday, July 31 1-3pm Magnuson 6
--Sunday, August 7 1-3pm Magnuson 5

MoHo dates:

--Sunday, August 21 1-3pm Lower Woodland 2
--Sunday, August 28 1-3pm Lower Woodland 2
--Sunday, September 4 1-3pm Lower Woodland 2

To register for MoHo visit: http://www.discnw.org/events/MoHo.html

To register for Mini MoHo visit: http://www.discnw.org/events/minimoho.html

4. USAU - 2011 WASHINGTON HS STATE AWARDS

Below are the 2011 All-States teams for the state of Washington.  The names
are sorted alphabetically by school name, and these players were voted on by
the teams.

**Girls Division**

1st Team All States:

Sarah E. (Ballard)
Margot H. (Nathan Hale)
Tiffany P. (Franklin)
Jessie T. (Nathan Hale)
Julia B. (Northwest School)
Kirstie B. (Seattle Academy)
Nina F. (Seattle Academy)

2nd Team All States:

Jessica S. (Ballard)
Emily B. (Northwest School)
Mia B. (Northwest School)
Lani N. (Northwest School)
Mariah W. (Northwest School)
Alice E. (Seattle Academy)
Margaux H. (UPrep)

Coach of the Year: Moses Rifkin

**Open Division**

1st Team All States:

Henry P. (Franklin)
Mike C. (Nathan Hale)
Jesse B. (Northwest School)
Louis C. (Northwest School)
Khalif E. (Northwest School)
Kilian M. (Northwest School)
Mikey S. (UPrep)

2nd Team All States:

Mario L. (Franklin)
Christian T. (Franklin)
Geramey E. (Garfield)
Brian Q. (Garfield)
Kaustubh D. (UPrep)
Jordan L. (Nathan Hale)
Christophe J. (Northwest School)

Coach of the Year: Frank Nam

5. AUCTION - YOUTH DEVELOPMENT FUND

We are holding the First Annual Dinner Auction on October 8 and are
currently in the process of procuring items for it. Please contact Betsy
Brown at betsy.brown at discnw.org if you have anything you'd like to donate
for the auction. The proceeds from the auction will ge directly to the
YouthDevelopment Fund (
http://www.discnw.org/about/youthDevelopmentFund.html).

More information will be available on our site soon!

6. NEXGEN YOUTH WORKSHOP

Get ready to learn the skills and technique of the world's best college
Ultimate players. The NexGen Ultimate Tour is coming to Seattle! The Seattle
workshop is TOMORROW, Saturday, June 9 and the NexGen have put together some
really great instructional sessions. We've only got 14 kids signed up so
far, so we'd love your help in getting the word out to your players and
teammates. The workshop is Saturday from 1-4 pm at Magnuson Park.

NexGen workshops are open to boys and girls, ages 13-18.

For more information and to register, visit:
http://www.nexgentour.com/workshops/register

--
Betsy Brown
Operations Manager, DiscNW

Sign up for DiscNW's Seattle Youth Ultimate
Camps<http://www.discnw.org/events/SeattleUltimateCamps.html>where
youth receive instruction from some of the best players and coaches in
the world!

Join us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/DiscNW>!