[Youth-announce] Youth Development FunDinner Auction

Wynne Scherf wynne.scherf at discnw.org
Fri Sep 9 16:00:18 PDT 2011

Hello, Youth Ultimate Enthusiasts!

Today I stray away from our typical youth-announce format to bring you a
very unique and important announcement.

DiscNW is hosting our first annual *Youth Development
FunDinnerAuction<http://www.discnw.org/events/AuctionDinner.html>on
**Saturday, October 8*.  This auction dinner will support youth ultimate
initiatives such as scholarships for players with financial need, efforts to
expand the sport to underserved populations, support for new teams, free
youth events, and much more. You can learn more about our Youth Development
Fund and the programs it supports at
http://www.discnw.org/about/youthDevelopmentFund.html

We cordially invite you to join us at the Youth Development FunDinner
Auction, <http://www.discnw.org/events/AuctionDinner.html> where you will be
able to greatly impact the ultimate programs and opportunities that will be
offered to youth in the area. It begins at 5:00pm at the Montlake Community
Center. The cost for an *individual ticket is $60* and includes passed
appetizers, dinner, 2 drinks (and a no-host bar), and silent and live
auction. There is also a *table sponsor option, where you spend $600 for a
table of 8*, receive everything included with the individual ticket, and
receive a growler of Georgetown beer, mini DiscNW Frisbees and a more
suprises! A portion of the table sponsor option is a direct donation to the
Youth Development Fund and is tax deductible.

Here is a sample of the auction items:

   - Drinks with Mayor Mike McGinn
   - A private tour of Georgetown Brewing Company, led by Manny Chao
   - Rowing lessons from former Olympian, Sloan DuRoss
   - Day boating on the Puget Sound with crabbing, clam digging, and lunch
   out at Hat Island
   - Home energy audit
   - Themed gift baskets
   - Many gift cards to local businesses

If you are unable to attend, please consider making a tax deductible
donation to our Youth Development Fund, by sending a check to DiscNW at PO
Box 85112, Seattle, WA 98145.

Thank you,

--
Wynne Scherf
DiscNW

The DiscNW Youth Development FunDinner
Auction<http://www.discnw.org/events/AuctionDinner.html>on October 8
will raise money to support youth initiatives, including
more.  Click here <http://www.discnw.org/events/AuctionDinner.html> to
register, and email me at wynne.scherf at discnw.org to volunteer.