[DiscNW] Verns League - Registration Opens on Valentines!

William Bartram william.bartram at discnw.org
Wed Feb 13 17:22:16 PST 2008

Registration for Verns League 2008 will open on Valentine's Day at 12 noon.
Set your watches.

The player fee is $40 and this can be paid online. To pay by check fill one
out to "DiscNW" and mail it to DiscNW, Attn: Verns League, PO Box 85112,
Seattle, WA 98145.

There will be a lottery for men. So, if you are a man you will initially be
placed on the waitlist. Make sure to register between 2/14 - 2/21 to be
eligible for the lottery. If you are not selected in the lottery you will
remain on the waitlist. You might still get a spot in the league if players
selected in the lottery drop out or do not pay on time. Players taken from
the waitlist will be selected in chronological order by the time of
registration, so do sign up asap.

Verns League is a TEACHING LEAGUE for beginners and intermediate-level
players. NO EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED; just bring your enthusiasm, humor, wit,
and interest in chasing plastic. It's a great way to learn ultimate, improve
your skills, and meet new people.

Experienced players captain teams and pass on their knowledge and love of
the game. Never captained before? No problem. Let us know you're interested
and we'll pair you with a "veteran captain" to mentor you.

The season begins after we spring ahead to daylight savings time (Vernal
Equinox) and runs for 10 weeks including playoffs.